The Law Office Of Harvey F Siegel
88 West Utica Street· Buffalo, New York 14209
Call us today: (716) 883-4800

Have you been in a car accident?

What you should do if you’re involved in an automobile accident in New York:

STOP! You are required to stop and exchange information.

Immediately seek medical attention if you are injured

Exchange information with Other Drivers, Injured Persons, Owners of Damaged Property, Witnesses and Police (if present)

What information? Name and address, license identification numbers , insurance cards and  vehicle registration

What if this information is not available at the Scene? Submit the information to the nearest police station or a judicial officer as soon as possible.

You must immediately call the police if  a person is injured, killed or if other property, such as a parked car, or a traffic sign or device, is damaged, and you cannot locate the owner.

If you feel it is necessary, request the presence of a police officer and briefly give the basic facts underlying the accident.

You must complete an Accident Report if a person is injured, killed or if property damage to one driver exceeds $1,000. 

In New York, this form is called an MV-104, and must be filed with the Department of Motor Vehicles no more than 10 days after the accident.

BE CAREFUL! In the event that this report is not filed, the DMV may suspend your driver’s license.

You can obtain a copy of your accident report through the local police agency, or the Department of Motor Vehicles.

If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, contact your attorney to make sure your rights are protected!

Call us today to find out why it is important to have legal representation after you have been in a car accident


The Information obtained from this website is not intended as a substitution for legal counsel or advise. You should consult with an attorney regarding your case. Some of the images presented in this website are stock photographs.
Website Design and Marketing By: Scout Buffalo Web Design